Sauce poivre vert
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200ml of fresh cream
- 150ml of beef broth
- 1.5teaspoon of green peppercorns
- 2 of shallots
- 50ml of cognac
- Start by hydrating your peppercorns for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside1/3 of the grains and crush them in a mortar until you get a paste.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sweat the unbroken peppercorns for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pepper and add the finely chopped shallots. Lightly color them.
- Once the shallots are tender, moisten with cognacand reduce until the alcohol is almost completely evaporated.
- Add the beef broth, crushed pepper paste and reduce by half over medium heat.
- Mix the preparation, then pass the sauce through a sieve or a fine colander and put the sauce back in the pan with the rest of the pepper and the fresh cream.
- Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat so that the sauce thickens. Do not hesitate to cook longer until you get the desired texture, then taste and salt to your taste.