Ultimate Sloppy Joes
Ingredients for 6 persons :
- 1pound of lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 0.5 pieces of yellow onion chopped
- 0.5 pieces of green bell pepper chopped
- 1 pieces of clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- 0.75 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 0.25 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet (this browns very well) on high heat and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef, and it is cooked through, then remove the beef, drain the fat and add the butter, onions and bell pepper to the pan.
- Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again and add the beef back into the pan.
- Add the garlic, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, to the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with cheese or mix the cheese into the sloppy joe meat mixture.